Sunday, November 3, 2019

Mom is Home




We spent the better part of 15 years alienated from one another.  On the few occasions we spoke, I told her that I was certain that we'd be reconciled one day, if not here on this earth, at the return of Jesus around His banquet table; we'd celebrate together with no fear to love once again. She called two years ago with a revelation of God's love for her, and knew I had already forgiven her, and I asked for her forgiveness, as well.  The neat thing about belonging to Jesus is that He has the power, the ONLY one Who does, to make the past like it never happened, and to close the dimensions of time as if none had passed.  This is our story.




If she was going to get in with the girls, she'd HAVE to be inaugurated into the girls' weekend get-togethers.  For my birthday this year, we went to Canton to the cabin we discovered on Maggie's 18th, and to where we will forever return for our getaways.  I don't think Mom had ever stayed in a vrbo (vacation rental by owner).  She couldn't get over the  utensils, pots, and pans provided in the kitchen, the coffee and condiments, the towels, shampoo and conditioner, lotions, and the décor....and especially the view!  We cooked dinner Friday night and played, then we ventured out Saturday to meet a realtor and check out three of the properties I'd been eyeing on Realtor.com.  After a late lunch at Abuelo's, we came back to the cabin and played some more.  On Sunday, we traveled to Longview where my mother's cousins and aunt live.  They founded Edelman's Furniture.  They hosted us for brunch and we finally headed home that afternoon.  The entire trip was SO MUCH FUN! 







It was surreal to introduce 5 of my children to her for the first time, at least that they could remember. She's melded in as if she had always been here.  Now, they ask for her.  The little ones cuddle with her every chance they get, and everything grand has to be shown to her.  Again, I am grateful.  God is good.  




No comments: