Before the sling...after the sling...and on the swing.
Since she's been old enough to hold a baby in her arms, strictly sitting down on the couch, so as not to drop him (or her), Madison has been actively tending to our babies right alongside me. Sometimes, I've found that the baby would rather go to her! I've taken pictures all through the years with her and the newest baby in tow. She's come up with the most hilarious contraptions to rig 'em up on her hip, or back, or propped up pillows to assist her while watching a movie. I wish I had all of those pictures on a disc to post them here, but these are the latest with Cyrus being the blessed recipient of her feminine affections.
What a help and example to the others of the love and sacrifice required to rear a sweet family. They have all benefited from her undying commitment, and in turn, have willingly passed it on to the younger ones coming up behind them. I have marveled at the Lord's provision in the birth order of these rewards. They each play an integral part, bringing their own giftings to the table to enrich our family.
Madison had requested, this time, to purchase a baby sling to more readily carry Cyrus while doing housework. We did, and what fun it has been. Can you believe that I've never owned one? I've always had all of these willing hands to help, and felt I've never needed one!

No comments:
Post a Comment