We spent a few days fixing up the porch, adding hanging baskets, clearing the flowerless flower beds, and adding river rock.
I didn't ever buy my ferns this year, so we tried these beauties.
Down time with Daddy.
Such pretty days this fall.
And, keeping up the school work especially during the weeks I'm home.
This little girl thinks she's gotta do some, too.
Look at that little hand holding her pencil.
This dog is nuts.
There is not a place she thinks she does NOT belong.
If we're there, she is, too: table, sofa, chairs, and all 50 pounds up in someone's lap.
She's great. She's been so much fun.
One of our favorite things about fall is Rick and Dot (more affectionately called Papaw and Mamaw) coming back through town on their way south for the winter.
Our traditional Rosa's dinner before they head out.
And another one begins her annual birthday dates with Daddy.
She talked about if for days. Yes, it's a right of passage, 4 years old and old enough to date. I think she's feelin' it, too.
I first introduced the kids to First Monday Trade Days in Canton, Texas, when Madison turned 16. We've since been back a handful of times, but this is the first time the boys showed an interest. Christian enjoys garage sales and such, so he decided to come along with us girls and the Pucketts.
As always, it was a blast. For some reason, Canton is therapeutic to me. Not only does it bring back some of the fondest memories I have of being back home with my family, but the piney woods, the down home people, the friendly faces, the pretty stuff, and the drive out and back just seem to bring a lulling calm to the rat-race pace of life. Hand craft artisans, dulcimers, pies, hand made potpourri, antiques, junk dealers, small family businesses, RV's, and dogs in buggies everywhere....I love it all.
Yes, I want a pig. The only thing lacking on our farm!
To make it out of the puppy park empty handed was an accomplishment barring none.
I was proud, especially after having to endure these faces, the girls' and the dogs'.
Autumn gold all over the ground, falling like snow from every direction I could see.
It's pretty cool when your best friends have siblings that are your siblings best friends, too!
Was I clear on that one?
We love this family!
Dinner's on, the animals are fed, the eggs gathered, the porch is cleared of shoes, socks, and toys, the baby girls are in the tub with bubbles, and the boys are getting their showers. The girls and I are visiting in the kitchen, and Curtis is due home any minute, so I put on the music, and light the candles.
Sunset on the homefront.
Thanksgiving weekend, decorating the tree and hanging the outside lights.
Tah Daaaaaaaaah!
Though Ruby is part of this family event, too, she just isn't in the groove. I mean, how could you feel up to one more demand after chasing the cat for an hour, playing a fierce game of catch with the boys, working on the neighbors property with Christian, and keeping an eye on the kids playing outside? It's just too much to ask of a dog.
Meredith's hair is so voluptuously thick, that even Daddy likes to help brush it out.
Her hair falls so perfectly around her face that any do will do.
Sometimes, I feel like I've been handed the world on a silver platter, and the beauty of it is all my own.
No one else sees the beauty and perfection of the intricate details of the children but he and I, well, and the kids themselves. These are treasures that go on forever!
I love my job.
And, no, Daddy didn't do this French braid. She does have some talented sisters, though.
You know, I've never learned how to do that!
When it's all said and done, at the end of the day, she wants her Charles.







































No comments:
Post a Comment