God bless all of the families whose loved ones sacrificed their lives to maintain our freedom from tyranny and oppression. May we be so courageous to do the same for our own children. Even if we are not required to lay down our lives, may we honor their memories by speaking the truths of liberty loudly and clearly. Never give in!
We had huge thunderstorms yesterday that cleared out and left us with less humidity and cooler temps. And everything got watered to boot! We enjoyed a relaxed day all together, at least until Curtis Wade had to go into work this evening. Maggie brought home tamales from Latte Da Dairy's open house yesterday where we sold 15 dozen eggs @ $5 each! Cleared out the fridge for some coconut cream and lemon meringue pies.
I emerged from the computer after the little ones woke up from naps, to see where everybody was. I grabbed the camera when I started finding some good stuff to remember, like Cyrus playing with Ruby, the baby goats greeting me at the fence...
...and Daddy, who was kicked back in the hammock reading a book. He was soon joined by three women: Mimi (on the phone), Miriam, and Meredith. It's that magnetic personality of his.
The girls can't stay away :)
The girls can't stay away :)
The garden is coming along. For some reason, the south end is growing faster than the north end. I mean, I know the southern solstice of the sun makes a difference, but what if we had started the garden further up? Would 20 feet further mean that nothing would grow on the north end at all? It all gets the same time in the sun! I'm still learning...
All of our neighbors proudly fly their American flags on all patriotic holidays. It has been such a beautiful sight turning down the lane all weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment