Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Blessed Current Events


I guess it goes without saying that quite a lot can happen in a year!  Here is our new baby girl, Meredith Leigh Parnell, born September 6, 2012.
She weighed in the third largest of our clan at 9lbs 14ozs.

Carrying her through the hot summer was not so bad, as one of our neighbors and dear friends invited us to enjoy her backyard oasis with the pool anytime we could make it.
We barely noticed the heat as we soaked up the sun, basked in the shade trees on her cool patio, and splashed in the salt water.

Finally, just as the weather began to change, promising a new season, I went into labor.  This pregnancy passed so very quickly!   Labor was only 6 hours this time, but I worked to renew my mind to the promises of God in His Word concerning labor and delivery.
I was ready to take it on, unlike many times before, dreading the inevitable, though longing to hold our new precious gift.  How many of our real world experiences are more truthfully issues of the heart and mind that produce the evidence of their origins in the flesh?

This year has held some new adventures, and a few dramatic surprises.  I am finally at a place to readily talk and share about these things.  So, in upcoming posts, I will.

For now, I want to share the meaning of Meredith's name:
"Faithful Friend".

During the last few months I've experienced betrayal,  disappointment, slander, and criticism from ones I love.  When I thought certain people would stand as friends, they've stood back seeming to await a bad report for the purpose of tearing at the imperfect, yet homemade seams of the sanctity and tranquility of our quiet, contented home.
As I've processed these things, and have been forced to taste of the cup of bitter water, I have simultaneously tasted and seen that the Lord is good.
When others fail you, He does not.  When others fall short, He fulfills.  When those you love do not respond in like manner, He remains faithful.
And finally, when you begin to doubt yourself, and all you've ever done, He gently reminds you that He came for such a cause, for you.

He's known all along that we are incapable, weak, and weary; that no one of us could ever fulfill the demands of His perfection, so He did it all for us.
He created me, cried for me, came for me, and cradled me back in His arms again.
He still holds a good opinion of me in spite of my failure.
What a Faithful Friend!

Now, Meredith holds with each breath of her name, the reminder of these truths.  The fact, alone, that she has been given to us, is proof enough of His grace and confidence, not so much in me, but in Him living through me.

Isn't she beautiful?


                

Miss Meredith at 4 days old.



No comments: