So, with a new vision in heart and mind, I found this place on realtor.com. I called Curtis immediately, because several stipulations in my mind were to find somewhere, by some miracle, that would allow chickens, and possibly even goats. We liked the agricultural tax exemption, too, so I hunted for land, closer in to town, mind you, with all of these things offered. As I read through the listing, I was in utter shock! Five acres in Flower Mound, fenced and cross fenced, ag exempt, outside city limits (allowing for chickens and farm animals), WITH TREES!!! I so missed the trees, and only 11 miles from Curtis' office!!! I almost cried.
With much restraint, I told Curtis about it, and he decided to take a look right then and there while grabbing a bite to eat for lunch. As he pulled up, he laughed saying, "Oh, Jackie, you won't even have to look at it. I don't care if it's got shaggy orange carpet inside, you'll want it!" At his suggestion, we made an appointment with the realtor to come see it. The only problem was that the real estate agent was only free at the same time Curtis was committed to deliver the tractor to Springtown. I had to come alone. I hated that. From the onset, I stated over and again, " This isn't MY deal. This is us together, or not at all."
I took Maggie and Channing with me that morning in October, and as we drove up, my heart leaped inside my chest! Every angle of this place is full of charm. Every nook and cranny is a special place. I've always said that I don't like the glamorous look, but give me the "come in for coffee" look any day. I guess the pictures speak for themselves.
Over the next two weeks, our world turned upside down, once again. We made an offer, $50,000 less than the asking price, but exactly what our new house with the land in Decatur would have cost. After the owners entertained an offer submitted the same day as ours, they accepted ours if we would agree to take the house "as is". After the inspection, we were sure that the only real work needed was primarily cosmetic, so we went ahead with the plans to move.
We've been here since December 11, 2007, and I absolutely love it! These last seven months have had twists and turns all their own, and in the following posts, I will continue to attempt to detail our ever-changing, yet steadfast and true life together...our family...the Parnell's.

No comments:
Post a Comment