




One of the first things we wanted to do in getting our little farm started was build a chicken coop and fill it up with beautiful egg laying hens! After deciding that the style of the hen house should match the future barn, Curtis set out to find the least expensive way to get it done. He built this thing from the ground up!! I was so proud! My hens will be so happy! I've already picked out perfect names for them, like "Mildreth", "Mabel", "Claira", "Gertrude", and "Francis". I can just imagine the fun of watching these birds work out their pecking order, and scurry around with the business of the day all clucking to one another. I've read and heard that they are fascinating, and more entertaining than television. We had ordered 30 different breeds from McMurray Hatchery. They arrived two weeks ago today at the post office! These pictures show the full spectrum of activity concerning the chicks...

No comments:
Post a Comment